Mechatronics (Graduate / Workers' Training Programme)
Click Here to see Mechatronics Programme Start Dates
The Mechatronics programme in IIT is a graduate / workers training programme. It is aimed at equipping participants with essential knowledge and hands-on, up-to-date engineering skills required by employers in the Breweries, Food and Beverages, Petrochemicals, Oil and Gas, Engineering services and Manufacturing sectors.
Mechatronics combines technologies like Mechanics, Electrics/Electronics and Information Technology; it especially covers the inter-phases between separate technologies and their collaboration in integrated and networked production systems. It attempts to help graduates of tertiary institutions and/or workers from industry back-up their theoretical knowledge with the relevant skills.
The course modules cover analyses, Commissioning and Programming of networked factory and process automation systems. The participants will use modern state-of-the- art learning equipment at the Institute.
IIT is widely recognized for providing well trained workers for industry. A strong emphasis will be placed on work ethics throughout the course.
Benefits of this Programme
- Become a skilled industrial Engineer / technician (programme consist of 70% practical modules and 30% theoretical modules). You become competent to work in various industrial and engineering services environment after your studies in IIT.
- Become multi-skilled (Learn Design, Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics, and Industrial Automation trades).
- Proper ethics grooming through our Work Ethics programme.
- Job/Internship Placements (on demand TAC applies).
- Continuous access to job opportunities (local and International) through the IIT Alumni Community.
Practicing technicians and engineers, Graduates of tertiary institutions of Science and engineering background, and Tertiary students about completing their education.
Candidates from non-science backgrounds who desire to join the programme can undergo personal study of physics and mathematics. They are to demonstrate a good understanding of these subjects at the entrance assessment and interview.
(A.) Full-Time: The full-time programme has a duration of 6 months. This programme runs on weekdays from 9am to 5pm. However, some modules may run from 2pm to 6pm.
(B.) Part-Time (modular): The part-time programme has a duration of 1 year. This programme runs on Saturdays. Also, a full week (9am - 5pm) every 3 months will be required.
Admission is open for this programme throughout the year
IIT awards to succuesful students who have completed the full programme its certification in the field of Mechatronics Technology. This is a professional qualification for employment purposes. However, outside Nigeria, it may be used for academic/performance purposes.
IIT only aims to address unemployment in Nigeria as a technical skill focused institute. Therefore we aim for competency in industrial workplace productivity.
Upon completion of this programme, participants can work within high level manufacturing industries or engineering services firms. They can also sit for Professional Examinations in the field of Mechatronics, Automation, or Electrical Instrumentation and Control Engineering.
Professional examination fee is not covered within the Mechatronics programme fees.
Modules to be completed
- Work Ethics and Values
- Engineering Drawing and Blueprint Reading
- Computer Aided Drafting and Design
- Mechanical Measurement and Fitting
- Mechanical Drives and Power Transmission
- Pumps & Compressors
- Fundamentals of Electricity
- Industrial Electronics
- Industrial Motor Controls & maintenance
- Electrical Maintenance and troubleshooting
- Variable Speed Drives AC Drves (inverters)
- Sensor Technology
- Fundamentals of Pneumatics Automation Systems
- Electropneumatic Controls and Automation Systems
- Industrial Hydraulics
- Fundamnetals of Programmable Logic Controls (PLC)
- Advanced Programmable Logic Controls (Advanced PLC)
- Process Control & Instrumentation
- Industrial Communication (Field Bus) Systems
- Process Visualization and Control
I had some troubles initially with the fees, but received a scholarship grant, and so I made it; I finally made it to IIT.Kenneth