The Mechatronics program in IIT is aimed at equipping participants with essential knowledge and hands-on, up-to-date engineering skills required by employers in the Breweries, Food and Beverages, Petrochemicals, Oil and Gas, Engineering services and Manufacturing sectors, Mechatronics combines technologies like Mechanics, Electrics/Electronics and Information Technology; it especially covers the inter-phases between separate technologies and their collaboration in integrated and networked production systems. It attempts to help graduates of tertiary institutions and/or workers from industry back-up their theoretical knowledge with the relevant skills.
The course modules cover analyses, Commissioning and Programming of networked factory and process automation systems. The participants will use modern state-of-the- art learning equipment at the Institute. At the end of the course, each successful student will be awarded IIT’s certificate of completion in Mechatronics.
IIT is widely recognized for providing well trained workers for industry. A strong emphasis will be placed on work ethics throughout the course.
Practicing technicians and engineers and Graduates of tertiary institutions of Science and engineering background.
Admission is open for this programme throughout the year
Modules to be completed
- Work Ethics
- Engineering Drawing
- Computer Aided Communication
- Computer Aided Drafting
- Mechanical Measurement and Fitting
- Mechanical Drives maintenance
- Basic Electricity
- Industrial Electronics
- Industrial Motor Controls & maintenance
- Variable Speed Drives AC Drves (inverters)
- Sensor Technology
- Pneumatics Systems
- Electropneumatic Controls
- Industrial Hydraulics
- Programmable Logic Controls (PLC)
- Advanced Programmable Logic Controls (Advanced PLC)
- Process Control & Instrumentation
- Industrial Communication (Field Bus) Systems
- Process Visualization and Control
I had some troubles initially with the fees, but received a scholarship grant, and so I made it; I finally made it to IIT.Kenneth