Click Here to see Electrotechnics Programme Start Dates
Electrotechnics for secondary school leavers is a 2-year (28 months) Technical Skills Training Program (TSTP) to develop technical professionals for power and engineering services sector. They can also be easily moulded to fit into any industrial setup.
Though the course is heavy in Electrical, Electronics, Power, and Automation trade components, it also has Mechanical, Engineering Design, Engineering Fundamentals, and Programming components. A core component of this programme is the Work Ethic and Values core. Students are helped through this core to understand the implication of every decision they make.
Graduates of this course are multi-skilled, flexible service technicians capable of working in several engineering environment. Their services are in high demand.
Enrolment to the program is continuous throughout the year.
Benefits of this Programme
- Become a skilled industrial technician (programme consist of 70% practical modules and 30% theoretical modules).You become competent to work in various industrial and engineering services environment after your studies in IIT.
- Become multi-skilled (Learn Design, Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics, Programming and Industrial Automation trades).
- Proper Ethics grooming through our Work Ethics programme, Career Guidance and Advisory System.
- IIT places you on internship at the end of the in-school phase of your programme.
- IIT seeks job interviews for you at the end of your programme.
- Continuous access to job opportunities (local and International) through the IIT Alumni Community.
Students spend the whole of the first 1 year & 6 months in school (inside IIT). Students come to school Mondays to Fridays (except for public holidays & other school holidays). School resumption time is 9am and closing time is 5.30pm with a short break (30mins) at 11am and a longer break (1 hr) for lunch at 1.30pm. Students attend theory and practical classes following a monthly time-table.
Students may decide, if they wish, to undergo an online Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering programme from International University of Applied Sciences (IUBH) Germany along with their IIT programme or after IIT programme i.e., when they start working. Engineering online degree programmes are available in Robotics and Industrial Engineering and Management. Students or IIT graduates undergoing the degree programme can opt to do their final semester in Germany. The degree programme can be completed in 3 - 5 years through IIT at a reduced cost and possibly with course exemptions.
Students spend 10 Months in a selected partner company for the in-plant training phase following the Dual Training System (DTS) of vocational training. Every week, the student works in the company for four days following a preplanned training plan and comes to school for one day. Companies are encouraged to pay the students stipend for transportation and feeding. They work following the company rules and regulations. The students keep a logbook of their activities which is reviewed by delegated staff and forms an essential component of the final assessment of the student.
IIT awards to succuesful students who have completed the full programme (28 months) its certification in the field of Electromechanics Technology. National Diploma and other certifications may be awarded by partner institutions. TAC applies.
Students or IIT graduates who successfully complete the degree programme with IUBH will be awarded a Bachelor's in Engineering (B.Eng) by IUBH.
Upon completion of this programme, participants can work within high level manufacturing industries or engineering services firms. They can also sit for the level 3 or level 4 examination of the applied Electrical or Mechanical Engineering programmes of the City & Guilds of London. They can also sit for the mechanical or electro-mechanical trades examinations conducted by the National Business and Technical Examination Board (NABTEB).
The examination fees are not covered within the Electromechanics programme fees.
IIT is an examination centre for NABTEB
Modules to be trained on:
- Industrial Safety, Compliance, and Quality Control
- Communication in English, Mathematics and Applied Physics
- Precision Measuring, Fabrication and Fitting
- Electricity, Electrical Machines and Drives
- Wiring Devices and Control Panels
- Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution
- Protective Devices and Safety
- Welding and Engines
- Refrigeration, Pumps and Compression Systems
- Work Ethics, Entrepreneurship, Career Preparation, and Softy Skills
- Industrial Fluid Power Systems (Pneumatics, & Electro-pneumatics)
- Data Acquisition and Logic Controls
- Programmable Logic Control and Industrial Processes
- Computing, Programming and Statistics
- Microcontrollers and Embedded Systems
- Engineering Drawing, Computer Aided Drafting and Blue-Print reading
- Renewable Energy and UPS
- Building Wiring and Electrical Installations
- Troubleshooting etc.
We prepare our students with the right knowledge, skill and attitude of a competent technician.IIT_Lagos