Attendance is free!
The EduLogix, an initiative of the Institute for Industrial Technology (IIT), aims at addressing the huge deficiency in S.T.E.M education among senior secondary school students and leavers of science and technical orientation. This initiative intends to provide short quality training that would positively affect the lives of many students, creating an undying interest in S.T.E.M and TVET within them, and lead them to careers that can address issues in the Nigerian technological environment.
Through a project-based approach, participants would learn to solve day-to-day challenges.
This initiative also tends to address issues around student’s personal effectiveness and leadership. Students will be help to realise how they can lead themselves and others. Personal effectiveness and leadership modules from the International Youth Foundation (IYF) skills curriculum will be implemented.
IIT would implement the EduLogix initiative through a hybrid model i.e., a combination of in-class and online training.
Following a project-based approach, available training modules for now are:
- Domestic Controls [Home Automation]
- Creative Technologies [Electronics, Internet of Things (IoT), & Associated Programming etc.]
- IN-TECH Workshop [Fabrication, Electrical, & Industrial Automation]
- Ability to execute basic electrical, electronic or/and IoT projects.
- Develop fundamental knowledge of industrial automation.
- Develop appreciable skills in associated programming.
- Develop appriciable skills in fabrication.
- Ability to communicate using technical terms.
- Strengthen ability to work in teams.
- Ability to apply personal effectiveness principles to day-to-day activities.
- Strengthen ability to lead oneself and others.
- Start Date: August 7th, 2021.
- Training Duration: 5 Saturdays (weekday online guide for 4 weeks)
- Training Time: 10am – 1:30pm (3hrs 30mins contact hours)
Training will be conducted in batches.
Non-residential. Participants will come to the training venue from their homes. This programme focuses on impacting fundamental knowledge and skills only. A Certificate may be issued by IIT and partners (jointly) at the end of the programme.
Primary location - At the Institute for Industrial Technology (IIT).
Secondary Location - (provided by partners) Applicants may be directed to venues close to their area of residence.
14 to 20 years.
Knowledge of physics and mathematics is required.
Interested participants within category outlined should apply. After application, applicants will be contacted to take an online test. This test will help IIT to determine if applicant knowledge in the field of interest has improved at the end of the training.